Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
Client: State of TX / Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Work Location: 701 W 51st Austin, TX 78751
4 days remote and 1 day onsite on Tuesday Only
Duties & Responsibilities:
The cloud architect is responsible for the cloud computing initiatives within an organization and for directing the architectural aspects of a cloud brokering team across all aspects of IT and the business. Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's cloud computing infrastructure and applications. Implements and designs hardware and software. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
PMAS cloud platform is hosted on the Azure cloud infrastructure and uses Azure IaaS and PaaS services extensively. This position is required to support, maintain, monitor, secure, and improve those services. Job responsibilities include:
• Create, implement, and manage the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
• Monitor and maintain multiple environments for increase observability
• Coordinate system migrations and system upgrades working with agency's public cloud manager.
• Develop tools to continuously improve maintainability, monitoring, security and scalability of cloud deployments.
• Operations support and enhancement of the PMAS cloud platform
• All other duties as assigned.
II. CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
8 years of Experience in supporting, maintaining, monitoring, and securing various Azure IaaS and PaaS services.